Harness the Healing Power of Water Therapy
Water has been used for medical and health treatments since the earliest days of humankind. A pillar of natural medicine, water can produce different effects on the body’s systems by adjusting variables such as form and temperature.
By tapping into the healing benefits of water, dry hydrotherapies like water massages can relieve muscle soreness, stiffness and tension, improve circulation and even temporarily alleviate aches and pains.
For the last 30 years, HydroMassage has earned its reputation as the world’s most well-equipped water massage system—just one of the reasons OsteoStrong provides this modality for our members.
Similar to a powerful shower massage without getting wet, HydroMassage uses waves of heated water to provide an experience that’s especially effective after an osteogenic loading session. In addition to helping relieve any tension or stiffness, it also can enhance your overall feeling of well-being and relaxation. During the treatment, members sit or lay fully clothed in a HydroMassage bed or lounger for between 6 and 15 minutes. This equipment also allows you to adjust a number of settings to meet your needs: target areas on the body, intensity scale, speed and temperature.
BONE DENSITY BENEFITS
- Enhances blood flow and alleviates muscle soreness after exercise: Improves circulation and recovery after osteogenic loading and other physical exertions.
- Harness the healing power of water therapy
HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS
- Improves vascular function: Enhances circulation regardless of physical activity level3
- Reduces anxiety and stress: Decreases cortisol levels, a physiological response to warm water immersion4
- Enhances feelings of well-being and relaxation: Combines the well-being benefits of water therapies with moderate pressure massage, which has been shown to reduce depression, anxiety and heart rate, and alter EEG patterns in a relaxation response
Obtain physician approval and exercise caution if any of these conditions exist:
- Bleeding, bruising, broken capillaries, unusual or excessive bleeding or any conditions where the capillaries break.
- Neurological conditions or other systemic disorders
- Any infectious or communicable diseases
- Skin problems such as rashes, eczema and severe acne.
- Any acute (sudden, severe onset) inflammatory response-symptoms include fever, heat, loss of function, redness and swelling
- Acute or unstable injuries or fractures
- Acute or unstable diseases or medical conditions – includes uncontrolled blood pressure, unstable cardiac or neurological conditions, acute second or third degree burns, or a high risk or unstable pregnancy
- Thrombosis, or the presence of blood clots or clotting conditions
- Degenerating disc diseases or injuries (i.e. ruptured, bulging and herniated discs)
For more information on the risk associated with this modality, please visit the HydroMassage website www.hydromassage.com
The Ultimate Biohack for
Get in touch with Osteostrong.