Increase circulation, reduce soreness and maximize the benefits of your osteogenic loading session
Peristaltic pulse dynamic compression (PPDC) has long been used by athletes to boost blood flow and remove metabolites from the body. But when athletes at the U.S. Olympic Training Center Recovery Center used these devices for their recovery, they experienced something unexpected: a rapid increase in their flexibility1 . This sparked further study on the effects of PPDC—and fostered widespread use of such devices, which use rhythmic applications of pressures on the limbs.
In the world of PPDC devices, NormaTec is an undoubted leader. Its professional grade recovery systems are portable and easy to use, giving our members the benefits of targeted pulse compression after their osteogenic loading sessions. The devices use three key techniques—pulsing, distal release and gradients—to maximize recovery between training, after performance and from injury.
After putting on the NormaTec boots, you’ll experience a pre-inflate cycle, during which the boots mold to your exact body shape. Next comes dynamic compression, which is similar to the kneading and stroking you experience during a massage. This pulsing pattern works its way up your limb to mobilize fluid and metabolites. By utilizing gradient technology, the boots keep fluids from being forced in the wrong direction while providing maximum pressure in every zone. Extended static pressure can be detrimental to the body’s circulation; NormaTec boots use distal release to end its “hold” pressure in each zone as soon as possible. This maximizes rest time without causing a significant pause between compression cycles.
BONE DENSITY BENEFITS
Remove metabolites passively: Maximizes recovery after your osteogenic loading session by reducing blood lactate levels
HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS
Increases flexibility: Rapidly enhances the acute range of motion faster, with no discomfort.
Decreases sensitivity to pain: Accelerates and enhances recovery by reducing muscle tenderness from pressure, allowing you to experience more pressure before experiencing pain.
Curbs muscle fatigue: Increases blood flow to lower extremities, which helps manage exercise-induced delayed onset muscle soreness.
Enhances recovery: Lowers creatine kinase (CK), a marker of muscle damage.
If these conditions exist, please abstain from using NormaTec equipment:
- Current or unstable fractures or breaks, including stress fractures.
- Recent surgery and the presence of sutures or stitches.
- Open wounds, contusions or abrasions
- Severe atherosclerosis or ischemic vascular diseases
- Suspect or known acute deep vein thrombosis
- Severe congestive heart failure
- Existing pulmonary edema
- Existing pulmonary embolism
- Extreme deformity of the limbs
- Local skin or tissue condition that would interfere with the NormaTec garments, including gangrene, untreated or infected wounds, recent skin graphs and dermatitis
- Known presence of malignancy in the legs • Limb infections, including cellulitis, that have not received antibiotic coverage
- Presence of lymphangiosarcoma
For more information on the risk associated with this modality, please visit the Normatec website (normatecrecovery.com).
The Ultimate Biohack for
Get in touch with Osteostrong.